COVID-19 first appeared in Wuhan, a city in China, in December 2019. It is one of the viruses from the group of coronavirus that has caused a recent pandemic of respiratory illness now called COVID-19. It appears that symptoms are showing up in people within 14 days of exposure to the virus. In rare cases, COVID-19 can lead to severe respiratory problems, pneumonia, kidney failure, etc.
In times of such a large-scale crisis, it falls upon educational institutions to prepare the students as well as the parents about the situation, preventive measures and other information regarding COVID-19.
At CP Goenka International School principal, Ms. Manju Mehta, herself is overlooking the Prevention of COVID-19 Awareness Program conducted by the IBDP students of the school, which was started two weeks ago. They started with educating everyone about COVID-19 through circulars, presentations, messages through the MICM app about its symptoms and precaution. This program was also customized according to the understanding capabilities of the audience, so a different presentation for preprimary, primary and secondary. Sanitizers were distributed and made available everywhere in the school.
• Shortness of breath.
• Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects people frequently touch.