Q1. What is the difference between CBSE and IGCSE boards?
Ans) CBSE is Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi and IGCSE is International General Certificate of Secondary Education, CIE-United Kingdom
- Started by the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) with the aim to operate a chain of central schools (Kendriya Vidyalaya) that could cater to government employees who are in transferable jobs that involve midyear movements.
- A number of private schools have started to offer CBSE since a number of private sector employees are also moving place to place
- The CBSE Syllabus is very structured, highly predictable and, highly controlled
- All national entrance examinations are conducted as per this syllabus.
- A number of changes have been incorporated lately, the prominent decision being to make board examination at the end of Grade -10 optional
- Board exams conducted:
- Grade-10 (Optional)
- Grade-12 (Mandatory)
It’s a program by Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Currently focused on IGCSE at 9 &10 and A Level at 12 Grade.
- Biggest advantage of International curriculum is freedom offered in delivery of curriculum.
This provides opportunity to school to try innovative approach to help children understand concepts than just follow textbook teaching. Assessments can be differentiated and thus learning can be made fun.
Q2. What is the student teacher ratio in the school?
Ans) We maintain a very healthy teacher - student ratio to provide best quality and individual attention. Play Group (1:6) Nursery (1:12) Jr.Kg and upwards is (1: 14).
Q3. Do you have any branches?
Ans) Yes. CP Goenka International School is located at Juhu, Thane, Pune and Indore. Upcoming centre at Andheri should be operational by June 2016. The trust also owns/operates schools under the name of Swami Vivekanand International School at Kandivali and Borivali and Gopi Birla Memorial School at Walkeshwar.
Q4. Do you operate any Pre Primary/ Nursery schools
Ans) Yes. The pre Primary section is known as Spring Buds International School. They are currently located at Juhu, Lamington Rd, Thane, Kandivali, Borivali, Pune and Indore.
Q5. Is the admission to CP Goenka International School from Spring Buds gauranteed?
Ans) Yes. The students move to the Primary Section of CP Goenka International School by natural academic progression. However, the admission and other formalities need to be completed.
Q6. Do you have transport facility?
Ans) Yes, we have a team of efficient and reliable transporters who provide transport in a radius of 12 -13km around the school with a lady attendant in each bus along with GPS facility.
Q7. Is your Campus Student/ Child- friendly?
Ans) Our classrooms are well lit and airconditioned with specially designed furniture so that the students are comfortable at all times.
Q8. What do you do in case of a medical emergency?
Ans) We have a sick-bay with an attendant where the student is taken to. The doctor is on call.We also have a tie up with a nearby hospital/ clinic.
Q9. What are the measures taken for child security?
Ans) The security personelles are outsourced from a reputed security agency. The campus is equipped with CCTV cameras & PA system.
Q10. What are the measures taken in case of fire emergency?
Ans) The building has a modern fire fighting system installed with smoke detectors and sprinkler system along with fire extinguishers placed in all important locations of the building. The Staff too is trained for such unforseen evantuality with regular fire drills etc.
Q11. Do you have police verification for your support staff like didis, peons and security guards?
Ans) Yes. We have a policy of getting Police verification of our support staff.